Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Split Personality..

Last night as i jumped into my infamous bailgadi(namma cab),seldom did i realise ,that i would know the definition of my title the hard way.Even as i jostled in the 1st floor,and finally found my cab,only to realise that the front seats were taken and i had to jump behind.It was an indica and we were expecting three people behind.Even as i prayed that the third wouldnt come,there comes Mr Abdul rushing in with his toothy smile.I smiled back too like a genie(though if i had the muscles of one i would love to smash his count of 32 to 16.... well those were enough for him to chew his food).So there i am pushed in the centre of the back seat and how little did i know that it would be the ride of a lifetime.

Not that i dont know how "well maintained" the cabs are ,but i found this one a bit weird,as something was jutting out from between the seats.Also there was this weird smell even as i entered it."Good heavens please reach me home fast".You will in all possibility reach home fast,if the roads are not that crowded,which never is ,but there is no possibility of reaching safe and sound!But today there was no other way but this.It was my destiny.I was the ONE.I didnt need the oracle to realise that .As soon as the cab zooted off, only to stop at the gates of the IT park,i realised that the wood/metal that was jutting out was trying my patience.As i shifted my ass across,the metal would slip way and then poke me again.Before long we reached the traffic zone and we were moving at a snails pace.As the drag prolonged,i was pretty much at discomfort.Even as i tried to focus my mind on some song,the fm starts blaring "Chitrana ..Chitrana...",my god can this be worse.Yes ofcourse as i realised later there was a old jagjit singh hit"tum itna jo muskura rahe ho,kya gham hai jisko chupa rahe ho"!

I have always known that fear had a contract with divinity.As the bumps up the road ahead soon turned me from an hardcore atheist to a "bhakt prahlada" in a matter of seconds!As i tried to remember my prayers the first of the many potholes came,and off goes my cry..the passengers try to ignore me..But soon after the second,third and many more they stared at me like i had abused them.I tried my best to keep the cries low,but anyone who gets a poke in the *#**$ would know it better.As i was learning the new found definition of split personality,i realised that perhaps this was one of the very innovative ways for actors,who love to get into the character to learn some new tricks, in their quest for perfection.U would guess very so that i was getting split,as i was going crazy.Then there up ahead comes the mother of all bumps!I took adequate precaution before hand,and i pushed myself up in the seat,only to come down banging later.I guess prayers and songs were of no use,as i lay assaulted by my cab!The only comfort came as one of my cabmates got off,and i shifted across with my bruised ass.This ride was definitely one big pain in the .. u know where!

1 comment:

newatthis said...

oh you poor thing!! loved the jagjit singh touch!!! good one buddy!!